Queensland CHO confirms two new local cases

Queensland Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young has confirmed there have been two new local cases of COVID-19 in Queensland.

"We were notified about the two cases late yesterday by New South Wales," Dr Young said during a media conference on Tuesday.

"So, these were two truck drivers who were tested as part of the surveillance program that we’ve got in place in Australia now."

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk had earlier said the two local cases were "under investigation" but were not "considered a major risk".